Hasten International Mission bases its ministry on the following tenets of faith…
- We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God.
John 16:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; 2 Peter 1:21; 1 Thessalonians 2:13
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 43:10, 11; Matthew 28:19; Luke 3:22; John 14:16
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ,
John 1:1, 14; 20:28-29; Philippians 2:6-11; Isaiah 9:6; Colossians 2:9
- His virgin birth,
Matthew 1:18; Luke 1:34-35; Isaiah 7:14
- His sinless life,
2 Corinthians 5:21; Hebrews 4:15; 7:26-27; 1 John 3:5; 1 Peter 2:22
- His miracles,
Matthew 4:23; Luke 6:17-19; John 3:2
- His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood,
Colossians 1:14, 20; Romans 5:8-9; Ephesians 1:7
- His bodily resurrection,
1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Luke 24:4-7; 36-48; Revelation 1:17-18
- His ascension to the right hand of the Father,
Acts 2:33, 5:30-31; 1 Peter 3:22
- and in His personal return in power and in glory.
Acts 1:11; Philippians 2:9-11; 1 Thessalonians 1:10; 4:13-18; John 14:1-3
- His virgin birth,
- We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit which includes: the Baptism in the Holy Spirit as an experience distinct from regeneration; His indwelling, by which the Christian is enabled to live a godly life; His supernatural gifting and empowering of the Church for its work, life and worship.
Luke 24:49; Acts 1:4-8; 2:1-4; 10:44-46; 1 Corinthians 12, 14
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment.
I Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the Church.
I Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23.
- We believe that The Great Commission must be complete before the return of the Lord Jesus Christ to set up His Kingdom and that the spreading of the Gospel is the primary mission of the Christian Church. We believe that God desires all men to come to repentance, regardless of their past, and the incompletion of the Great Commission is the primary reason why Jesus is yet to return.
2 Peter 3, Acts 1, Matthew 24, Mark 16, Matthew 28
- We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ.
Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15.
- We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism.
Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15.
- We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen.
Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10.
- We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9.